Jan 20, 2005

Silent Cell

This morning I worked again from 7:30 AM to noon. Not as crowded as tuesday, surprisingly. Perhaps the worst is past. At any rate, my Planning class was a complete waste of time. The TA's discussed what they wanted to see in the papers we will turn in, despite them posting it online. In the grammar section, they talked about sentance fragments and how to put them togather using a comma. The sentance "fragments" were "I hate my roomate." and "Because she is messy." Lose the "before," and both "fragments" are complete sentances. Its going to be a real high quality class. The instructor is korean, so I guess I can overlook it, but his TAs are both 'mer'can.
This afternoon I tried to get the people at ATT to talk to me, but as my cell phone is under dad's account, they refused to tell me anything. I can understand this, but it means that I've been dead in the airwaves for nearly three days now.
There's a really interesting website called thefacebook.com which is a directory of college students all over the world. You register on it, and then you can search for people in your college, people with similar interests, majors, clubs, etc. Then you can do a global search. In this way I found an old friend from Singapore and an old friend from Beijing. I was searching by High School Graduation, and the students coming from ISB and SAS now go to schools that read like a Ivy Leauge litany. Anyway, people with more money and coming from a better school.
Went to an exec habitat meeting late tonight. I recomended we sell bottled water on the campus mall to raise money for the habitat international tsunami reconstruction fund. We'll do that a little later this semsester while public empathy is still high (though God knows there will be continuous need for years at least). Now I am tired and I have to work 8-1 tomorrow. At least I have no friday classes.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende