Jan 29, 2005

Dinner and A Lunacy

Today I worked from 11-5 at the ASU bookstore, my last day there. They were going to have a pizza party for all the rush temp workers today, but they decided to instead combine it with the staff post-rush potluck-fiesta next week, when none of the rush temps will be working. I fully intend to attend with the incentive of free food. Speaking of food, tonight Jen and I went to eat at Cafe Boa on Mill ave, which is actually moving to a more spacious and further location near the end of Mill ave. I actually prefer the small size (its a tiny cafe which can hold maybe 10 inside and perhaps 20 outside on the patio) and its nice to be in the middle of the Mill ave. bustle. Afterwards, we watched Hot Shots, Part Deux, as the DVD was on sale at Borders. What a scream. Jen thought it was really stupid but she laughed a lot too. She can't figure out why a smart guy like me likes such dumb movies. What can I say, I love sight gags and throwaway jokes.
Anyway, better make this a short one. I'm working habitat tomorrow morning till 2, perhaps doing some roofing if I'm lucky. I only hope some people will be coming out to meet us there, as our listserv is down. Our webmaster sent it out to about 200 people, but I dont have my hopes up.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende