Feb 4, 2006

Argentina

I want to go to Argentina.

I've been reading about its architecture and history for my latin american design class. It sometimes refers to itself as a "european country in the wrong continent." After winning its independance from Spain the 1810s, (which left a strong hispanic heritage), the Argentines adopted the french enlightment, importing broad tree lined boulevards, baroque french style, and ecclectic european architecture. The modernism of the 1930s and 40's in Europe was also developed in Argentina. Buenos Aires is a huge port city, and cultural capital. Most of the population of Argentina were european immigrants from Italy and Spain. It just looks like an amazing place. In the latest CondeNast Traveller magazine I got today, they had a feature on the wild lake regions on the argentine interior, which was described as an unpopulated american west with the alps. Looks amazing.

Bridge is coming along. I think I've got the final design pegged. May need to tweak it a bit more. I'm still not happy with the transition of the stairs to the body of the bridge. Here's something I did in SketchUp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where's the bridge?

Dad

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende