Feb 16, 2006

What's new, Buenos Aires

Mom made mention in her latest blog about my upcoming move to Buenos Aires. As in all international travel, it ain't a done deal yet, although I'm going to work my hardest to make sure it goes through.

I saw a poster announcing a meeting a few days ago, and yesterday attended a little presentation on the trip. I would be spending five months in Buenos Aires, taking two theory classes and an architecture studio, as well as exploring the region. The program is set up and taught by ASU professors, so I would neither be in a public university nor have to become fluent in spanish (although I might take a refresher course during the summer). Everyone at the meeting seemed pretty excited. There were eleven third year students (including me) and about fifteen graduate students. As the grad students take precedence over us, there would be room for only five fourth years. However, after seeing the relatively large interest from us, the teacher said he was going to talk to the program people so we'll see.

He had us send him an email with our GPA, class, name and other contact info, as well as a statement of intent right after the meeting. He also requested a mini-portfolio of work by friday. As I will be up in snowy Colorado tomorrow, I had to make mine last night and have to give it to him today before I leave.

The first of march is a big day for me. It's the priority (not final) deadline for filing the FAFSA (so I keep my scholarship), the deadline for my internship decision and paperwork, and the deadline for the application to the study abroad program. I'll find out if I made it in the study abroad thing in early march I believe.

Buenos Aires! What a trip that would be! The Paris of South America!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang I had no idea that you wanted to go a study abroad program, that is so cool. Talk to you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

ahh buneos aries... beautful scenry, as well as girls! well it should be alot of fun, maybe i can stop by to visit u and look at the beautiful ummm scenry : ) miss ya bro

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende