Feb 19, 2006

Saturday was a really busy day. Due to the extreme cold, Chase's power supplier had rolling blackouts, so the power was out all morning. We caught the bus to downtown Denver, a ride which took about an hour. We walked around LoDo (an area of upscale lofts) and then found a really cool bookstore. We then walked around to the exhibition center where two elderly women at the information desk gave us coupons and recommended a diner. We walked around for awhile, hunting down the elusive diner. Sam's3 was a really cool, jam packed diner. Had chicken fried steak with gravy, eggs, french toast and coffee.

I started this post in colorado yesterday afternoon. I had a 7 AM flight back to phoenix, so I had to get up at 4 this morning. I'm at work now, until 10 PM. I have a history exam, structures homework, and a travel scholarship proposal all due tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm very stressed out and irritable. This is really unfortunate because I some really good news today and I wanted to enjoy it. They accepted all 26 students into the semester abroad program. I'm going to Buenos Aires in the fall of 2006. The only caveat is that they decided that the college is no longer to cover the program fees for the undergrads, as the graduate students have much higher fees. This adds $1500 to the total cost of the trip, which is a considerable chunk of change. This is on top of the $350 for the International Program Office registration fee, the $200 visa fee, and the $1200 a round trip ticket is going to cost. The good news is that I can still pay the asu tuition stuff with my scholarship money.

Ok, now I feel a little better. Time to get cracking. One step at a time.... one step at a time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the trip announcement. I know you will have a blast.
Dad

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende