Feb 28, 2006

Quickie

Another long day (surprise, dear reader). Went into studio early to compile all my info on the history of swimming. I took my mandate of history of swimming broadly, finding articles on Roman baths, the history of the swimming strokes, the swimming events in olympics, and even ranging as far abroad as current issues in pool use programming and the Aquatic Aped Theory in human evolution. The studio is being run like a mini-office, with our studio teacher as the manager. This is ok, except he has a tendancy to assign us a lot of work other studios aren't doing, and to micromanage. He split the class in half- one half covered the program (what goes into a pool complex) and the other half did a site analysis. Wednesday we present and compile our findings into an ultimate class reference. I've got some cut and fill diagrams and a few summaries of the pages I found to contribute. Those diagrams I spent an hour after work working on until 11 PM or so.

We're almost out of food here. I'm going survival grocery shopping tomorrow on a limited budget- I can't afford to have that Buenos Aires check bounce. Plus we do have some good ingrediants for stews.

Sheilds are holding at 87%. At least I've still got my sense of humor.

Studio presentation wednesday, Structures midterm thursday, History paper due in one week. At least I've got it and my prelim research read. A week from this thursday I hop an evening jet for London and Moscow. The travel scholarship guy emailed me back. Said he was looking into reschduling the dates. So we'll still see. Hopefully he'll reschedule after the break instead of before.

It's hard but exciting right now on the cusp of so much to do. I don't think I've been under this much stress since sophomore year. I can see the other side of the hill though, or at least the part of the hill that's not as steep.

Disturbing dream last night- wrote it down on my nova blog.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende