Feb 26, 2006

Reorganization time

It's time to begin re-structuring my life. In six months I will be living in Buenos Aires, a trip I'll be primarily funding, and critically applying the skills I've learned so far in my career of architecture. Restructuring began last friday, when I reorganized my room and created 30 pounds of stuff to take to Goodwill. The rest of the semester will be a literal and figural slimming down as I reduce my sheer quantity of STUFF.

I wrapped up taxes, fafsa, etc already, and today I sorted and cleaned out my papers. I first takled my filing cabinet, tossing folders of high school english and physiscs homework, then moved on to wipe out my inbox, a milk crate filled to the brim. All of that I sorted, filed, and trashed. I created a yard sized garbage bag of papers and junk- everything from recipts of ATM transactions last week to a beat up street guide to Budapest.

All of this junk I carried out in my giant sack to toss in the dumpster. It was so heavy, I decided to swing it up, and into the dumpster. Mid-swing, the bag seams tore and all 20 pounds of the papers and garbage flew everywhere except in the dumpster. I laughed everything strewn about me, and spent ten minutes cleaning it up, picking up every last piece of paper.

Now onto organizng my finance$.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende