May 12, 2010

Housing Wants

We’re looking for a place to stay in St. Louis. We don’t care if its an apartment, house, condo, townhome, or duplex, although I’m drawing the line at houses that used to be on wheels. Our ideal place is $800 a month or less, 1-2 bedrooms, washing machine, within 5 miles of campus, and over 700 square feet.

 It looks like the real kicker is going to be the washing machine. Unlike Phoenix, which was mostly built in the last twenty years, it looks like most of the residences in St.Louis were built in St.Louis’ boom years, from around the 1920s-40’s, I’m assuming at a time when people just didn’t have laundry machines. I haven’t had a personal washing machine since living with my parents, over seven years ago, but where architecture graduate school is concerned where we have absolutely no time, having to take laundry out to be washed at the laundromat is going to be a real killer. So we’ll weigh that pretty heavily.
The closest thing we've seen so far is this one

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende