May 25, 2010

Welcome, reader

I'm always curious at who is looking at my website, so I'd like to thank you for being here. Your visit will show up in Google Analytics and will tell me what city you're in, how you found my website, how long you stayed, and what keywords directed you to my website.

I can tell you that most likely you are one of four people- a long time reader in Boulder, Colorado, an ardent blogger in Mesa, or an occasional visitor from Ahwatukee or southern California. Most the visits I get are pretty random and scattered from across the globe. There is someone or several people in India who have used my blog to research how to get from Lausanne to Junfraujoch in Switzerland, hello there, if you directed here since I added the phrase.

There's a lot of interest in the legacy of Cable Rosenberg and his mansion in Gilbert, which I wrote about several years ago, and there's a lot of people who simply hit the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page to land at my blog by chance.

I'm at about ten visits a day right now. I don't have the regular readership I had when I was posting before from Buenos Aires or ASU, so it must be a sign of the death of of blogging media with the rise of micro-blogging, and have nothing to do with the quality of the posts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bump that up to 12 visits and I think youre good to start selling ad space. Perhaps start breaking fake celebrity news? Either way, keep em comin my good man.

-longtime boulder reader

Anonymous said...

It isn't the amount of readers, it is the content that counts. And some tabloid-type stories don't hurt either.

-Ardent Mesa

Anonymous said...

Every once in a while I check up to see what you have going on. I am highly amused that you referred to yourself as "relatively young" when I still think of you as a child; granted an older child. Relatively young, if for your mother and her friends; not you and your friends!
I am glad you are doing well and wish you all the best with the move and in St Louis.
Sharon

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende