May 4, 2010

number crunching

This image represents the posted annual tutition and program fees for some schools with architecture programs. ASU is shown at an in-state cost, UC Berkeley as out of state. The red line indicates what my tuition responsibility will be after a generous scholarship from the school, which is represented by the light blue.

This chart does not factor in living expenses, which would make schools such as Pratt, AA, Berkeley, and Columbia correspondingly much higher in comparison to Washington U.

When I applied to graduate schools, I made a conscious decision not to look at them based on costs. This has been a mixed blessing in that it let me focus purely on the other aspects of the school  like quality of the program, focus, etc. However, in retrospect, I'm realizing now that I will be attending a graduate school that's more expensive than AA London, Harvard, or Yale.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende