Mar 10, 2013

farewell, my carcubine

A quick rundown of yesterday’s events:
  • delicious chorizo scrambled egg breakfast
  • cleaning all the trash out of my car
  • driving to Tempe
  • Pho lunch with Sal and his girlfriend Stacey
  • Talking about Mexico city and the possibility of staying with his grandmother down there.
  • Zia’s music exchange- $20 in credit!
  • Got a call from someone interested in the Prius
  • Went home and fished out the title and printed off a bill of sale
  • quickly researched what I need to do if I’m selling a car titled in Missouri to an Arizona buyer in Arizona.
  • Showed the car to Pete and his wife, including a short test drive
  • Watched Pete look under the hood, kick the tires.
  • Opened the price negotion with offering 13000, a pretty good deal.
  • Pete counters with a lowball 12000.
  • I offer to meet him halfway at 12500
  • Pete waffles and hedges
  • I refuse to go any lower
  • Pete leaves reluctantly with his wife for dinner
  • Mom predicts Pete will come back with 12250 and accept the car at 12500.
  • We all walk to dinner at a nearby Pizzaria
  • Pete texts me an offer at dinner: 12200.
  • I text him back, refusing to budge
  • Pete calls me: he’ll take the car
  • We walk back to the house and meet Pete
  • Pete pays me, and we sign the back of the title
  • We take the license plates off the car and I do a final once over
  • I say goodbye to the car
  • Pete drives off

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende