Mar 1, 2013

First day of work

Today is Saori’s first day of work. She’s been in and out of the office a few times already in getting things organized and set up to work over there, but today is her official starting day.

The office sounds pretty welcoming. Apparently they saw her walking to the apartment with her suitcase the first day she arrived, and people at the office recognized and waved to her.

I miss her a lot. We both arrived at an empty apartment together, and it seemed a little lopsided to leave it by myself. Moving and packing just takes so much longer than you think its going to take- we originally planned on having the apartment cleaned and ready to go whenever Saori took off for Germany, but we were really just barely into the storage unit. After I took her to the airport, the apartment no longer felt like home, it was just a temporary staging facility with some stuff in it.

I especially missed her on the drive to Bloomington, and I know she would have enjoyed hanging out with me and Tay. So I’m thinking about her a lot today, and I can’t wait to find out her first day of work was.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende