Mar 11, 2013

Mexico Ho

Today was pretty low-key. Mom made really good waffles with fruit. I bought an airline ticket to Mexico City and did some preliminary research on vaccinations. It looks like I’ll probably want to get Hepatitis A, Typhoid, and possibly a dip/tet booster. We’re going to investigate if I have a vaccination record in mom’s safety deposit box tomorrow.

I practiced more Rhino. I’m still very nervous about how my Rhino skills will be received. And I still havn’t seen the hour lecture Ms. Bilbao gave at Rice that was recorded. Everyone says wonderful things about her, and she sounds like an amazing architect. I can’t wait to meet her.

We went to Sprouts and the grocery store and I picked up some a six pack of beer from a brewery that was not familiar to me- the Phoenix Ale Brewery. Apparently they opened really recently. I grabbed their unfiltered ale, which was really nice and hoppy, almost to the point of an IBA but without the higher alcohol.
For dinner, we met Sally and family at Joe’s Real BBQ in Gilbert, one my favorite BBQ places in town. It was good to see them again- both the kids are bigger, but Sara has shot through the roof. It was really pleasant out- we arrived well before sunset, and we watched the afternoon fade into night outside, with the strung light bulbs and wooden picnic tables. It was very pleasant.

Back at the house, we watched a new episode of Dr. Who, which I’d never seen before. I was kind of intrigued, but the acting and dialoge is so wooden, and the whole thing is incredibly campy. I guess that’s part of the appeal. The premise is interesting and the story is pretty inventive, but I didn’t really get hooked on it. I have now seen Dr. Who, I know what a Tardis and Dalek is. I think I deserve the uber geek badge now.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende