Mar 27, 2013

Fonda San Miguel

is a very nice Mexican restaurant in the form of a hacienda we went for sunday’s brunch. It’s a buffet, but the kind of buffet that you make reservations for and the plates you bring to the buffet are hand painted Mexican tableware. We were early, so we waited in a beautiful sunlit courtyard/foyer. Lots of plants, artwork, lanterns. Must be beautiful at night too.

I tried a lot of good stuff- white corn tamales with poblano peppers, cheese enchiladas, chicken with mole sauce, two types of beef with peppers, and an amazing slow roasted pork with beets served on a bed of rice. There was salad, there were fresh house-made tortillas brought out the table, all kinds of vegetables, soups. I had two plates and left room for dessert. These buffet desserts did actually taste as good as they looked. I sampled the tres leches pudding and the flan. Really, the best buffet meal I’ve ever had.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende