Mar 3, 2013

milk jug burritos

After four hours of sleep, I rolled out of Tay’s couch and got my crap together. Tay woke up and saw me off, helping me change Suki’s kitty litter before I went. “I’ll see you friday,” he said, sounding somewhat surprised as he said it himself.

After so much booze and so little sleep, I was pretty tired with a headache and a touch nauseous as I made my way out of Bloomington on the misty and cold morning. By the time I got to St. Louis, however, I’d managed to eat a granola bar, some peanuts, and some Gatorade, so I was feeling a lot better. The drive was still tough. I do really need to take breaks every two hours just to refresh my mind, stretch, and rest my eyes. I’m not looking forward to tomorrow’s drive.

After I got to St. Louis, I took a shower and a nap at Chuck’s apartment, which made me feel a lot better. After I got up after an hour or two, I attempted to ship the giant hutong watercolor but FedEx didn’t have boxes that would accomodate the depth of the frame. Oh well.

Chuck proposed cashing in all the empty milk bottles at the apartment for Burrito money, so we took the empty bottles back to Schnucks and got $1.50 an empty, which we immediately turned around and spent at Chipotle.

After dinner, I dropped Chuck and went for a beer with my friend and old downstairs neighbor, Toly, back in my old street. That was fun, we drank a bit and chatted a bit, and I took off to the house party nearby. This party was based on the seven deadly sins, but I expected a number of my friends to be there, so I wanted to be there simply to tell them goodbye. I did end up trying a single ladle of the house Jungle Juice, but that was the end of my drinking for the night. Time rolls on. Architecture school is a floating world, and my time here is up. I will really miss my friends, who are all delightful, wonderful people, and I hope that we will meet up individually, in various places around the world.

Tomorrow, or rather, in 8 hours, I have a breakfast with some friends at Kayak, and then its the dusty trail to Ponca City, Oklahoma.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende