Nov 20, 2004

studio frustrations

My Friday night went like this: 4:00- Picking up sticks for scale ocotillo. 5:00- Lecture by Wines, an autobiographical exploration of deconstructivist architecture. 7:00- brief reception with free reception food. 7:30- Studio. I'm taking a break now because (A) I'm getting really frustrated with the model and (B) the glue needs time to dry. The frustrating part is that the craft is bad. It looks bad and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Measurements are inexplicably too short when I cut cardboard. I have to frame all these walls using peices of wood 1/64" thick and 1/32" wide. It's really delicate, intricate work and my stubby fingers only serve as a further cause of frustration. I've resorted to using the scissors on my swisss army knife to grab and position the wood once I've got the glue on it. It just feels like none of my materials are cooperating.
I guess the root of my frustration is that once again I have managed to procrastinate everything else. I've done everything up to date architectureally speaking, but I could have started the book essay for Religion a month ago. The sociology paper assignment was released a week ago last wednesday.
I still have so much to do.
My plan for the rest of today is to work in studio till about 3 or so, sleep in till six-sevenish, and then get back to work until its done. I'm not really hungry, and I've gained a bit of a stomach from constant snacking on halloween candy, so I can stand to skip a meal. At least I'm drinking lots of water.
It feels like I've been fighting all semeseter. Well, my 2o minute break is up so its back to studio.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende