Nov 25, 2004

Sweet Home, Oklahoma

Got up at ten this morning and packed up for Oklahoma. Ben abandoned me last night, spending the night with his dad before heading off to St. Louis this morning. I gave Suki extra food and water, made sure everything was locked up and Sally drove me to the airport. I stuffed my clothes and a down jacket into a backpack so I didn't have to check anything. Got to the airport and it was business as usual, no long lines anywhere. I was two hours early, so I got a jump start on my sociology paper on my laptop. The flight to Dallas was fine, had some really mediocre chinese food in the airport during my hour layover, and then went on to OKC.
Not as cold as I thought it would be. Grandma said it's been warmer than usual. The drive home was less than twenty minutes, a lot shorter than I remember. Grandpa is doing well. It's good to see family again. Just wish Taylor and mom and dad were here too. I really miss you guys. Hope all your Thanksgivings were good and not spent in airports.

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

We miss you too! I loved reading about the final day of your project. It's very interesting. Also, I don't seem to be able to send and receive emails very well here. Please let everyone in Okla. know I am thinking of them.

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende