Dec 2, 2011

High Fi and High Finance

Busy day today. Skipped studio because I had an appointment at an investment company. It turns out that I'll be able to do all kinds of things next semester like eat, bathe, and go to school. So that's good.

Studio is fantastic, by the way. Smooth sailing for the rest of the week, all problems resolved. No panicking, all my drawings are done, and both models are made. It's going to be a wonderfully relaxing transition to the winter break as my other classes gracefully wrap up. Might even get some reading in.

Actually, tonight I started feeling pretty good because I have the massing mostly worked out. For a point of comparison, this is kind of like Noah figuring out where he might get some wood when the water is mid-thigh height.

According to the university-wide graduate council, school is already over. They hosted the holiday party tonight at a swanky bar downtown. I decided to go for an hour because (1) There's free food and beer. (2) There are fewer things more depressing to me in the semester than spending friday night in studio, and (3) my massing is almost done.

Half of the student population at Wash U is graduate students, and there was probably half of that crammed into the bar. Apparently there are a ton of social work students, and they are quite a gregarious bunch. Actually, they're a lot of fun to hang out with. Saw a few architecture kids, mostly out on the dance floor. Got my free beer (Franzia or Bud Light? Can I have the blow over the head?), and wandered to the food line, glanced at the food, and wandered back towards the bar.

I left shortly after. I do like the clubs and bars, but I have to be in a certain frame of mind (read: inebriated) (Just kidding. Mostly.)

Back to studio.

Dew had three girls working for him this time.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende