Dec 6, 2011

Still alive

Still on the 3-3 sleep diet. I dont even remember days anymore, since I'm experiencing time in irregular 9 hour slices.

Sad to throw out the leftover mashed potatoes my brother made for thanksgiving, those were really good and I ate them for awhile after everyone left. Tonight I ate a Trader Joes brand Carrot and Ginger soup. I've had soups that were more bland, but I can't remember when.

Finished a rough 'final' hardbound book copy for urban books tonight, and also got a very small thing done for my Advanced Building Systems class.

I'm working on roughing in the boards- I'm very worried about the quality of the work that's going to go up on the board. My optimism meter is dipping down towards the B-.

Last semester was pretty miserable, but at least it felt like I was accomplishing things. This has been the worst semester of grad school so far, and is also a strong contender for worst semester of higher education.

This semester has had a few highlights however, which I should be mindful of: the phenomenal trip to Shanghai, learning the art of making books, a deep plunge into the politics, economics, and social implications of community development, and new methods of getting more out of landscape design. Pretty much everything but studio, which is the kicker considering how vital studio is to the entire grad school architecture experience.


No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende