Dec 8, 2011

Shouldn't you be working?

To help with my productivity, I downloaded an extension for my Google Chrome browser called StayFocused. Simple to use and effective- you tell it the sites you want to restrict your access to, and it defaults to 10 minutes on those sites a day. I tried to up the time to 20 minutes, but it gave me a pop up window advising me not to do it, and then when I ignored it, it gave me another pop up about about "seriously, why are you doing this?" and something about giving electric shocks to kittens.

It's actually pretty effective. Once you run out of time, you can't change any of the settings and if I try to go to facebook or regretsy or xkcd, and I'm out of minutes, this is the screen I get:


Of course, it doesn't prevent me from using IE ;)

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende