Dec 23, 2011

Let's Play with Letters

Just got my grades back

A is for Urban Books, for my three handmade books
B+ is for Studio, more for effort than my project's looks.
B+ is for Advanced Building Systems, our final poster kind of flopped*
A- is for Urban Development Seminar, where my renderings popped.
A is for landforming workshop, worth only one credit hour,
.10 is the value which my semesterly GPA goes sour.

It's not an overall terrible report card, and its not like anyone really cares what your grades are when you graduate from architecture grad school. I'm actually most upset about studio, regardless of my letter grade. This B+ says to me "I thought your project was not very good or even complete, but I know you put in a lot of effort, and so I'll put you in about the middle of the pack, gradewise."

Its not like I wanted to fail or have to retake, but I wish I could do this semester over again.

*The final poster was a group effort and if it was not carried out to the expectation of our instructor, I take a heavy share of the blame. My group mates were all awesome and contributed greatly. 

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende