Jul 19, 2013

A Columbian Thing

Today is the last day for Sergio, and yesterday was Julietta's last day. It's been a quiet week of people leaving. Many people still on vacation or simply waiting in visa limbo. So, with a much smaller office, the ten of us all went out to lunch at Crepes y Waffles, a restaurant in nearby Roma which sells it's eponymous offerings. Apparently, it's actually....wait for it... a Columbian thing.

Prices were a little spendy for my lunch tastes (about 100 pesos per crepe), so I got a basic classico, a Crepe SencaciĆ³n, which was heavy on the basic and light on the "sensation." It was good through. We lingered a long time before heading back to the office.

I ended up selling my little wood chapulin to Sergio. It's just not exactly what I was looking for. I'll have time to find what I'm looking for while I'm here.

Tonight, the plan is to go out salsa dancing with Julietta and friends. It sounds like the World TaeKwonDo Championships in Puebla is a no-go, since we can't buy tickets online. I'm sure I can find other things that need doing this weekend. I can name at least five or six, actually. It's hard to make myself get things done here.

It's the whole divided task thing that's killing me. I've been thinking of my time here as somewhere between a vacation and a job, but the problem is that it's blurring into neither. I'm finding it difficult to focus at the office (guess where I'm writing from?) and my time off is spent less doing touristic, relaxing, interesting things and more just empty time online from my apartment.

While I'm happy with my agressive travel outside the city, I need to re-evaluate and re-state my priorities here. Work when I'm at work, make time to job hunt, really relax and enjoy myself on my time off.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende