Jul 1, 2013

Social media

Archinect.com is a website community of architects and academic institutions. They have a great job search page. They also host blogs by architects and architecture students, mostly students, since they're the ones seeking more exposure and frankly, the day to day of most professional architects is pretty boring (see all my posts from 2003-2007).

I thought it would be fun to post selected entries from my blog there, since I'm often writing about cities and architecture, so I set up a blog called Tacos at Dawn. If you check out archinect's blog page you will see a lot of my posts. This is mostly because right now is a really slow blogging time for them. There are also some of my classmates blogs up there if you go back. Wash U is highly and well represented, I'm happy to report.

Anyway, Archinect.com occasionally tweets quotes from my posts, and then today, I saw someone tweet a quote I'd written and the only reason I saw it was because they'd @archinect to it. It's kind of surreal
to see people tweet things you wrote from second hand sources.

I owe a long post for what I did yesterday. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to it.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende