Jul 22, 2013

Monday returns

Hard to force myself out of bed this morning. Grabbed a hot Oaxacan tamale from a vendor on my way to to work, but I was too early. Moises was sitting down in the elevator lobby in front of the door. Which meant Ed was sick again and we'd have to wait for someone to arrive who had the office keys. Our hallway party was joined with a few other people before Vania showed up and let us in.

Kind of depressing not having Sergio or Julietta in the office anymore. Oh well. Time marches on and we got a new intern anyhow. Moises was actually surprised they hadn't already filled Julietta's position.

David came back today and went around, greeting everyone personally. He also brought his little son with him today, who looks like he's about four or five. Only speaks a little spanish, mostly german. He's a frequent visitor to the office and usually ends up playing with blocks of pink styrofoam we use to make models.

I continued to work on parking garage lighting design for the luxury condos I've been assigned to, one of those bread-and-butter projects that have been in the office for years. I don't even know if they're started construction yet.

I can't believe we're more than halfway through July. I need to start working on my final list of things I want to do before I leave Mexico. Maybe it will be a recurring blog post that keeps getting updated.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende