Jul 11, 2013

The Rainy City

Dear Mexico City,

While I appreciate your thoroughness and rigorous adherence to schedule,  you may want to consider that raining every single day, right around the time that I leave work to walk home may have a detrimental effect on my appreciation for your climate.

Up until about a month ago, you've been wonderful. A little cool in the morning, warm and sunshiny all day, and cool and clear at night. Those were really great days and I know you're capable of so much better than this. Please also consider the state of my shoes, which I now have to rotate because they get sopping wet every night.

I really don't want to have to go buy Crocs. You don't want that, I don't want that, even people I barely know don't want that. Please consider changing your climatic patterns slightly.

Sincerely,
Drenched in Del Valle

Today, I found out another person is leaving the office. Her last day is next friday, same as Sergio.

Today at lunch, acting on a Mexico City food blog, Sergio and I hunted down a Vietnamese food truck Nahm Nahm over in the Roma neighborhood. It's bright red with yellow patterns all over it, and its the only other place I know of to get Vietnamese food in Mexico City. (The first is in Polanco somewhere, and apparently its just good enough to take the edge off of cravings for Pho).

Anyway, I got a chicken bahn mi and some agua de watermelon. It was filling, tasted fresh and Vietnamese, and I was pretty happy with it. At 70 pesos it's a little more expensive for lunch options (comida corrida- $35, chef salad- $40) but not bad for something different than usual. I need to come back to try the pho, but from the looks of it, I'm going in with low expectations.

Overall, a quiet day. I dropped a package off at DHL to send some documents to Germany ($40 US, ouch!) but they gave me a DVD for shipping with them. I selected Sherlock Holmes over Clash of the Titans. Actually, I watched Monsters University the other night. It's time for me to start coming back to movies I think.

Or study more spanish grammer. VAMANOS!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende