Jul 13, 2013

A quick dispatch before bed

Coming back from Taxco, at the South bus terminal, you walk under a big blue banner welcoming you to Mexico City. It still doesn't feel like its the place I'm supposed to be, but its as close to home as I've got, and there's a warm feeling of familiarity to be back in the massive sprawling metropolis of the DF.

I re-read The Forever War on the bus today. That book still blows me away. Less about war and space, although the sci-fi is pretty hard and compelling, and more about culture and values. I want them to make into two movies with a soundtrack by The Flaming Lips.

Of course, if it ever gets made, they'll just Michael Bay the shit out of it like what they did to I, Robot and every other sci fi movie in the last ten years (possibly excepting Solaris and Moon).

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende