May 22, 2013

Houston: Monday

Shrewd reader, if you will kindly recall that the last time I showered was around 7pm Saturday, you can imagine what I was like monday night.

Dad kindly dropped me off at the airport and it was actually very smooth sailing flying to Mexico City. No questions at immigration, sailed through customs, and boom, back in the developing world.

Mexico doesn't feel like home. It feels like I'm on assignment, an extended vacation. Definitely not home. So I'm still homeless, although I have a bed and a room and a shower and a job.

Caught a taxi straight to my office and got in around noon with the typical Mexico City traffic. Worked a half day, trying to stay awake.

The lack of sleep, the altitude, the exhaustion from just running myself ragged every day and night for a week is taking its toll, and I'm still not recovered. The altitude is kind of a bitch too. We're actually much higher than Denver up here. Finally got to go home and basically showered and crashed.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende