May 27, 2013

sin agua

Today was also very low key. It began without water.
For some reason, the water situation in this building is precarious to the point where at first I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough hot water, and now, I worry about having water at all. I've shortened my shower to the point where I run the water long enough to get throughly wet, then shut the water off to lather up my hair and body, and then rinse as quickly as possible. Sometimes I'm fast enough to actually enjoy showering in warm water for an extra two minutes before the temperature starts to fall.
Anyway, Kate took me to an organic produce market over in Roma, which is the most bohemain of the trendy parts of the city. I bought some fresh ginger there for noodles.

Next Kate took me to a Japanese store where I stocked up on ramen, soba, udon, somen, and dashi for soup. They also had a store where I bought some chopsticks and a soup spoon. Outside, they had a weekend BBQ set up where one could by traditional Japanese street food along with Argentinian chorizo, and American style hamburgers and hot dogs. I got two onigiris, a really good yakitori, and I got really excited to see the takoyaki, but it was actually pretty mediocre. Not bad prices either. 
I went back home and basically never left again. I've been tired all weekend, so the rest of the day I spent reading and skyping. I'd planned to go out again at night for some churros but I finally decided against it when it started to rain.

The water was back on tonight, and miraculously, it stayed on, and it stayed hot.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende